Serves: 6 as a side dish
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 600g baby Mediteranean potatoes
- 30ml olive oil
- 250g portabellini mushrooms
- about 6 baby brinjals, halved and sprinkled with salt
- 6 pickling onions, halved
- 1 tin artichokes, drained and halved
- 100g green olives
- 250g mangetout peas, roughly chopped
- 125ml basil pesto
1. Boil the potatoes until cooked and soft. Drain, halve and drizzle olive oil over, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat half of the olive oil and fry the mushrooms until golden brown and cooked. Add this to the potatoes. Now fry the artichokes in the same pan until brown. Remove from the pan and fry the pickling onions, followed by the brinjals, until golden brown and cooked. REMEMBER: Wipe or rinse the salt from the brinjal before frying it.
3. Dish all the vegetables, along with the olives and peas, onto a serving dish and drizzle the pesto over. Serve at room temperature as a delicious side dish or a vegetarian main.