- 250.00g - asparagus
- 400.00g - tagliatelle or penne
- 4.00 - egg yolks
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150.00g - pecorino cheese, grated
- 125.00g - butter
- 45.00ml - fresh thyme
- 50.00g - baby salad leaves for serving
2. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package until al dente.
3. Beat the egg yolks and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 45ml of the pecorino.
4. Heat the butter and thyme in a saucepan. When it begins to boil, add the asparagus pieces. Add the cooked pasta to the buttered asparagus and stir through. Add the egg yolks and stir over a moderate temperature until warmed through. (It is important that the eggs do not boil, otherwise you will end up with scrambled eggs.) Taste and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then dish up onto serving plates. Garnish with baby lettuce leaves and extra pecorino shavings.