- 3.00kg - fresh broad beans (about 1,5kg once shelled)
- 150.00ml - milk
- 60.00ml - olive oil
- 10.00 - sage leaves, finely chopped
- 100.00ml - extra olive oil
- 1.00 - head of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 5.00ml - freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.00lemon - zest of one lemon
- 12.00 - bruschetta (refer to step 3)
2. Add the sage and black pepper to taste. Stir-fry until the beans absorb the flavour of the sage. Add the milk and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the beans have absorbed most of the milk.
3. Prepare the bruschetta: Cut sourdough bread, ciabatta or a French loaf into slices, place on a baking tray and toast under a preheated grill or in a griddle pan. Rub a peeled garlic clove over one toasted side of the bread and drizzle a little olive oil on top.
4. Serve the soft broad beans on the bruschetta and sprinkle lemon zest on top. Drizzle more olive oil over and serve immediately.