- 2.00kg - fresh broad beans (about 1kg once shelled)
- 1.80litres - home-made chicken stock
- 150.00g - butter
- 1.00 - large onion, finely chopped
- 60.00g - rindless bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 300.00g - arborio rice
- 500.00g - fresh, young peas
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 60.00ml - Italian parsley, chopped
- 100.00g - Parmesan cheese, grated
2. Heat half the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion and bacon or pancetta until soft and shiny.
3. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until completely covered with butter. Add the broad beans and stir through thoroughly.
4. Add a spoon of hot stock to the rice and stir until thoroughly absorbed before adding the next spoonful. Repeat the process for 15-20 minutes until the rice is al dente. Lastly, add the peas and season the risotto to taste with salt and black pepper.
5. Stir in the remaining butter, as well as the parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.