Prep Time: 00:05
Cooking Time: 00:20
- 100.00ml - olive oil
- 400.00g - steak (fillet or sirloin)
- 2.00strips - rindless bacon
- 200.00g - baby marrows, sliced diagonally
- 250.00g - broccoli florets
- 200.00g - green beans, sliced diagonally
- 2.00 - fat garlic cloves, crushed
- 125.00ml - chicken stock
- 30.00ml - balsamic vinegar
- 5.00ml - sugar
- 30.00ml - wholegrain mustard
- 1.00handful - fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
Healthy, low-carb and really delicious.
1. Heat a frying or griddle pan. Rub olive oil into the steak and seal it over a high heat. Turn down the heat and cook to your preference. Leave to rest in a warm place.
2. Fry the bacon in a large frying pan or wok until crisp and golden brown and drain on kitchen towel.
3. Stir-fry the marrows, broccoli and beans and garlic for several minutes in the same wok. Add the stock, balsamic vinegar and sugar and let it cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the plate and stir in the basil.
4. Divide the stir-fried vegetables between four plates, spread the wholegrain mustard over the steak and cut into slices. Divide the steak slices between the plates and sprinkle the bacon on top. Serve immediately.