- 1.00 - large packet of mixed salad leaves
- 500.00g - broccoli
- 12.00strips - shoulder or rindless bacon
- 1.00 - red apple
- 1.00 - juice of half a lemon
- 100.00g - toasted hazelnuts (read the tip)
- 200.00g - feta cheese, cubed
- 100.00g - onions or shallots, sliced into rings
- 60.00ml - Salad Dressing: wine vinegar
- 1.00 - garlic clove, crushed
- 7.50ml - salt
- 5.00ml - freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 180.00ml - sunflower oil (or half sunflower, half olive oil)
2. Fry the bacon until crisp before draining on kitchen towel.
3. Halve the apple and remove the core. Brush it with lemon juice to prevent discolouration and cut into thin slices.
4. Prepare the salad dressing: Use a fork to beat all the dressing ingredients together in a dish, or shake them together in a bottle.
5. Arrange the ingredients on an attractive salad platter and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve.
Toasting tip: Arrange the nuts on a dry baking tray and toast them for 5-10 minutes in a preheated oven (180°C), or until the skins come loose. Shake the baking tray occasionally. Turn the nuts out onto a clean dishcloth and leave them to sweat for a few minutes. Use the cloth to rub off the skins.