- 1kg - mushrooms (use a variety)
- - olive oil
- - a handful of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 - bunch of chives, chopped
- - juice of 3 limes
- - walnut oil, to taste (optional)
- - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the grill. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth. Place in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Mix, using your hands, making sure that the mushrooms are completely coated. Place them on a baking tray and roast until they are soft and beginning to brown. Stir once during this time.
Transfer the mushrooms to a mixing bowl and season with the parsley, chives, lime juice, walnut oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. These grilled mushrooms are delicious served on bruschetta with ricotta cheese.
Wine recommendation: Chardonnay with a bouquet of butter and toast will enhance the earthy taste of the mushrooms.