Prep Time: 00:30
- 1kg - ripe tomatoes (use a variety of sizes and colours)
- - salt and freshly ground black pepper
- - fresh oregano, chopped
- 30ml - red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 - clove garlic, bruised
- 1 - fresh red chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 - packet fresh rocket
- - basil leaves, shredded
A brilliantly bright addition to supper tonight.
Cut the tomatoes into slices and season. Place in a sieve and leave to stand for about 15 minutes.
Mix the garlic and chilli together and stir through to coat the tomatoes. Serve on rocket leaves or sprinkle torn basil leaves on top.