- 15ml - olive oil
- 12 - slices of ham, thinly sliced (we used Black Forest ham)
- 12 - eggs
- 5ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5ml - fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven. Pour a little olive oil into the hollows of a muffin tin. Line each one with a slice of ham, allowing the ham to hang slightly over the edges.
2. Break an egg into each hollow and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg has set and begins pulling away from the sides. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before carefully turning the eggs out. Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm or at room temperature.