- 6.00 - plum tomatoes, halved (we used 'Roma') olive oil
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2.00slices - white bread, crust removed
- 1.00cube - chicken-stock cube, crumbled
- 15.00ml - white-onion-soup powder
- 5.00ml - mustard powder
- 60.00ml - milk
- 700.00g - beef mince
- 1.00disc - feta cheese disc, crumbled
- 1.00lemon - zest and juice of one lemon
6.00 - To serve
: ciabatta rolls
- 1.00handful - rocket leaves
- 60.00ml - onion marmalade
1. Preheat the oven. Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and place them skin side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top and season with salt and black pepper. Bake until soft.
2. Prepare the meat patties: Place the slices of white bread in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the stock cube, onion-soup powder and mustard powder on top. Pour in the milk and then work the mixture into a paste.
3. Add the bread paste to the mince, as well as the feta and lemon zest and juice, and mix. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide the meat mixture and shape it into six patties. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the patties until golden brown and done to your liking.
5. To serve: Halve the ciabatta rolls and drizzle olive oil on top. Place rocket leaves on one half, followed by a patty, two fried tomato halves and onion marmalade. Place the other half of the ciabatta roll on top and serve.
Makes 6 patties.