- 600.00g - large prawns, cleaned and butterflied
- 175.00ml - olive oil
- 2.00chillies - fresh red chillies, chopped (remove the seeds to reduce the heat, if preferred)
- 1.00handful - fresh coriander, chopped
- 3.00cloves - garlic cloves, crushed
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2. Mix the olive oil, chillies, coriander, garlic, salt and black pepper and pour over the prawns. Mix through and leave aside until the coals are ready.
3. Braai the prawns (butterflied side up) over moderate coals until they change colour and the tails curl up. Baste continuously.
Remove the prawns from the coals as soon as they are done to prevent overcooking and serve immediately.
Wine suggestion: This juicy and special treat deserves a quality wine – a dry Gewürztraminer will balance out the chilli in the basting sauce.