- 30.00ml - olive oil
- 700.00g - chuck steak, chopped
- 700.00g - onions, chopped
- 30.00ml - Hungarian paprika
- 2.50ml - whole caraway seeds
- 400.00g - tinned chopped tomatoes
- 750.00ml - beef stock
- 3.00 - large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2.00pinch - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100.00ml - sour cream (optional)
- 30.00g - fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2. Sauté the onion in the same saucepan ? this time over a moderate heat ? until soft and glossy (about 15-20 minutes). Add the paprika, caraway seeds, tomatoes, meat cubes, beef stock and potato cubes and bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature and allow the soup to simmer until the meat is soft and almost falling apart. Season with salt and black pepper. To add richness stir sour cream into the soup. Garnish with Italian parsley and serve.
Tip: This soup can be garnished with pancakes cut into strips or cooked fettucine.