Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 8
- 4.00 - fresh mealies
- 60.00ml - olive oil for frying
- 1.00 - juice of 1 lemon
- 5.00ml - honey
- 250.00g - cherry tomatoes
- 2.00 - bunches spring onions, chopped
- 2.00 - packets rocket leaves
- 60.00ml - sour cream
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook the mealies in rapidly boiling water for about 8 minutes. Drain and then rub them thoroughly with olive oil. Fry them in a frying pan until cooked and black specks begin forming on the kernels. Allow to cool and then use a sharp knife to remove the kernels.
2. Mix the honey and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the kernels, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and rocket leaves and mix thoroughly. Stir in the sour cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.