- 4.00 - mealies
- 15.00ml - butter
- 125.00ml - milk
- 5.00ml - salt to taste
- 3.00 - eggs, beaten
- 125.00ml - Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125.00ml - soft white breadcrumbs
- 1.00pinch - pinch of nutmeg
- 30.00ml - parsley, chopped
2. Scrape the mixture out of the dish and add the salt, eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly. Grease a microwave mould or dish with butter and sprinkle parsley on the bottom. Place in the refrigerator for approximately 5 minutes.
3. Scoop the mixture into the dish, smooth the top and place on a rack in the microwave oven. Microwave on medium (60%power) for approximately 12-15 minutes, depending on the depth of the dish. Turn out the mealie mould and serve with braised tomatoes and onions or oven-grilled tomato halves.