Prep Time: 00:35
Cooking Time: 00:15
- 1 - thick slice white bread
- 60ml - milk
- 450g - ostrich mince (or a combination of ostrich and beef)
- 1/2 - onion, finely chopped
- 1 - clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 - thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 80g - soft dried apricots, chopped
- 2 - extra-large eggs
- - pinch of finely ground nutmeg
- - cake flour
- - oil for frying
Perfect for a quick supper or a ready-to-go lunch.
Soak the bread in the milk until soft, then drain and mix with the mince, onion, garlic, ginger, apricots and eggs, and season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Shape into walnut-sized balls and coat in flour.
Fry the frikkadels in hot oil and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool and pack with a dip such as tzatziki as a treat, or make a full meal of the frikkadels by wrapping them in tortillas with salad.