Prep Time: 10
Cooking Time: 30
- 2.00 - large leeks, thoroughly washed and sliced
- 30.00ml - butter
- 3.00 - medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2.00pinch - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.00l - chicken stock
1. Ensure that the leeks are clean and contain no grains of sand. The easiest method is to halve each leek, rinse the pieces and then cut them into slices. Sauté the leeks in butter until soft. The leeks should fry slowly, so make sure that the temperature is not too high.
2. Add the potato cubes and stir-fry until they are covered in butter and start sticking together. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add sufficient stock to cover the vegetables, stir through and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover with the lid and simmer the soup until the potato is cooked. Allow the soup to cool slightly and then purée it until smooth. Add more stock if the soup is too thick.