Prep Time: 00:20
Cooking Time: 00:30
- 15ml - olive oil
- 1 - chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 - red onion, chopped
- 1 - cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 - red chilli, chopped with or without seeds
- 1 - red pepper, chopped
- 1 - clove garlic, chopped
- 250ml - quinoa
- 150ml - Italian parsley, chopped
- 350ml - stock
Take an extra 10 minutes to poach an egg; place it on top of the quinoa for extra oomph. Or peel an avocado, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and chop it up; the creamy avocado is delicious with the quinoa.
Fry the chorizo in the oil until nicely browned; remove from the pan but reserve the meat juices. Fry the vegetables in this until glossy and fragrant.
Stir in the quinoa, parsley and stock. Cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.
Spoon the sausage on top and enjoy.