- 30ml - olive oil
- 2cloves - garlic, finely chopped
- 4 - spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 - stalks lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 1 - knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 - red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 200g - pork or chicken mince
- 30ml - fish sauce
- 15ml - tamarind paste
- 10ml - palm sugar (or brown sugar0
- 125ml - peanuts, chopped
- - handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- - small crispy lettuce leaves as cups; choose baby cos or gem lettuce
Heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the garlic, spring onions, lemongrass, ginger and chilli together until aromatic. Remove from the pan and fry the mince until crumbly, breaking up the meat with a spatula as you stir-fry. Add the cooked garlic mixture and the rest of the seasoning, and stir-fry until the meat is browned and caramelised.
To Serve: Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander and provide crispy lettuce leaves as cups. Drizzle lime juice over each bite before eating.