- 30ml - olive oil
- 2 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml - freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5ml - fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- - freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- four - 200g steaks
- - STRAWBERRY SALSA
- 200g - fresh strawberries, chopped
- 10ml - castor sugar
- 10ml - balsamic vinegar
- 4 - tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 30ml - fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 30ml - Italian parsley, chopped
- - a bunch of spring onions, chopped (only to the bottom-most white part)
- 1 - red chilli, chopped
1 Prepare the salsa: Place the strawberries, castor sugar and balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly and leave to stand for at least half an hour to allow the flavours to develop. Add the remaining salsa ingredients just before you serve the steak.
2 Mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and black pepper. Rub this over the steak and leave the meat to marinate for at least half an hour, but preferably longer.
3 Grill the steak over medium coals or in a griddle pan until cooked as desired and serve immediately with the strawberry salsa.