Quick and easy comfort food.
- 8 chicken drumsticks and/or thighs
- 30ml Dijon mustard
- 10ml wholegrain mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5ml dried thyme
- 30ml oil
- 2 lemon leaves
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 250ml cream
- 1 broccoli, broken into florets
- pasta, rice or mashed potato to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Make three deep incisions in each piece of chicken and mix the mustard, garlic and thyme through the chicken. Sprinkle the oil, salt and pepper over and place in an ovenproof dish with the lemon leaves and onions. Pour the cream on top and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
2. Stir the broccoli into the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes until everything is cooked, tender and browned.