- 500g - boerewors
- 250ml - self-raising flour
- - pinch each of dried herbs, salt and pepper
- 2 - extra-large eggs
- 160ml - milk
- 5ml - olive oil
- 125ml - pizza sauce (bottled tomato-based sauce of your choice)
- 300g - mozzarella, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Carefully remove the skin of the boerewors and roll the meat into small meatballs. Fry the meatballs in a pan – try to use the fat from the wors.
2. Line a 24x34cm baking tray with baking paper. Mix the flour, herbs, salt and pepper. Add the eggs, milk and olive oil and beat until smooth. Pour into the prepared tray and smooth out evenly. Bake the crust for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Now spread the pizza sauce over the baked base, sprinkle the cheese over and arrange the sausage meatballs evenly on top. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden-brown. Cut into large squares and serve hot.