Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 300g mini chicken fillets
- 30ml olive oil
- a generous pinch of dried chilli
- 125ml basil pesto
- 300g broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 125ml cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 300g wholewheat pasta, cooked until al dente
- 60ml Parmesan, grated
- a sprinkling of micro herbs or fresh basil, to serve
1. Coat the chicken in the oil and season with the chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Heat a frying pan and sear the chicken over high heat until golden-brown all over. Don’t stir too much; the chicken will steam and it won’t turn a lovely deep colour.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the heat and add the pesto, broccoli, pasta and nuts to the pan. Toss to coat and dish onto a platter or into individual serving bowls. Sprinkle the cheese and some fresh herbs over the pasta and serve with lots of freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Tip: Add a bit of the pasta water to the sauce if it looks dry; this will bring all the ingredients together