- 4 - chicken thighs
- - brown rice, to serve
- 4 - chicken drumsticks
- 30ml - olive oil
- 4 - large baby marrows
- 1 - large onion, cut into wedges
- 5ml - turmeric
- - juice and zest of 1 lime or small lemon
- - a sprinkling of fresh basil
- 125ml - chicken stock
- 5ml - each chopped garlic and ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C . Using a sharp knife, make two deep incisions in each piece of chicken. Mix the turmeric, lime juice and zest, garlic, ginger and olive oil with the chicken and spread in a single layer in an ovenproof dish, along with the onion. Add the stock, cover with foil or a lid and bake for 30 minutes.
2. Halve the baby marrows lengthwise and add to the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until the chicken and baby marrows are cooked and browned. Sprinkle with basil and serve with brown rice.