- 4 - chicken breasts, cubed
- 30ml - oil
- 250g - button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 - red chilli, chopped
- 100g - cashew nuts
- 125ml - tinned pineapple pieces and about 60ml of the syrup
- - a sprinkling of micro basil and coriander
- 250ml - jasmine rice, steamed
- - soy sauce to taste
1 Mix the oil with the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat a pan until hot and fry the chicken pieces until golden-brown. Don’t stir too soon; the chicken needs time to caramelise and the more you fiddle, the more the pan loses heat and the meat steams instead of frying.
2 Stir the mushrooms and chilli into the pan and fry for another 5 minutes or until the mushrooms also start to brown. Stir in the cashew nuts, pineapple and pineapple syrup and fry until the sauce is sticky.
3 Sprinkle the herbs over the chicken and serve with the rice and a dash of soy sauce to taste.