Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8 - rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 15ml - olive oil
- - knob of butter
- 500g - chicken livers, in bite-sized blocks
- 250ml - button mushrooms
- 60ml - white wine
- 250ml - fresh cream
- - a sprinkle of parsley
- 8 - slices fresh bread (or toast)
Serve hot on slices of bread or toast.
1. Fry the bacon in the oil and butter until crispy, scoop out and fry the livers in the reserved fat until golden-brown. Scoop out (even if the liver isn’t cooked through) and fry the mushrooms.
2. As soon as the mushrooms are nicely browned, pour in the wine to deglaze the pan.
3. Add the bacon, livers and cream to the pan and simmer gently until the cream has reduced by half and the livers are just cooked. Sprinkle with the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot on slices of bread or toast.