- 300g - spaghetti
- 2 - chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 60ml - olive oil
- 2 - garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 - chilli (or to taste), finely chopped
- 15ml - capers
- 100g - black olives, pitted and halved
- - zest of 1 lemon
- 2 - sprigs flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 125ml - grated Parmesan
1. Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, mix the chicken and oil and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Heat a heavy-bottomed pan until hot and fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Try to brown the meat on one side before you start stirring it.
3. Stir in the garlic, chilli, capers, olives, lemon zest and parsley; mix through and reduce the heat.
4. Once the pasta is ready, scoop it out of the cooking water and mix directly into the pan with the chicken; stir through. The chicken mixture and pasta water will form a sauce. Mix half of the cheese through the pasta, dish up and serve with extra black pepper and the remaining cheese.