- 1 tin (385g) - condensed milk
- 2 - packets (200g each) finger biscuits
- 400ml - milk
- 125ml - chopped peanuts
- 200g - fresh strawberries
- 600ml - water
- - whipped cream, to serve
- 1 - packet (80g) strawberry jelly
- 165ml - custard powder
1. Line two large loaf pans with cling film. Dissolve the jelly in 225ml boiling water then stir in 225ml ice water. Dip the biscuits in the jelly, one by one, and arrange them side by side on the bottom and sides of the two loaf pans.
2. Mix the condensed milk, water and 300ml of the milk in a microwave-safe mixing bowl and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
3. Mix the custard powder with the remaining milk to form a smooth paste. Beat the hot mixture into the custard mixture and then pour everything back into the large mixing bowl.
4. Microwave the custard for 1 minute, stir and repeat twice more or until the custard is thick and smooth. Divide the custard between the prepared pans, then refrigerate until cold. Turn out and garnish the tarts with strawberries and peanuts, and serve with whipped cream.
Tip To make a conventional flat tart, arrange the biscuits in a deep, rectangular dish and spread the custard on top. Garnish as above.