Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 400 g smoked haddock
• bunch of spring onion, chopped
• 1 egg
• ½ pineapple
• 100 ml fresh coriander, chopped
• 1 chilli, finely chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in salt water until cooked, then drain and mash. Steam the haddock in milk for a few minutes until just cooked. Flake the fish and add it to the mashed potatoes, then season with spring onions, salt and pepper to taste. As soon as it’s cooled down slightly, stir in the egg and form flat cakes. Dip the fishcakes in flour and shallow-fry until golden brown on both sides.
2. Prepare the salsa Dice the pineapple and mix it with the coriander and chilli, then season with salt and pepper. Serve with the fishcakes.