Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 - tin (410g) brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 15ml - masala
- 30ml - each chopped flat-leaf parsley and mint
- 1 - small red onion, finely chopped
- 15ml - lemon zest
- 350g - mince
- - oil for shallow-frying
Serve with bread rolls, tortillas or pitas as well as fresh salad, tzatziki and hummus.
1. Purée ¾ of the lentils with a stick blender. Mix with the rest of the lentils, the spices, herbs, onion and lemon zest and then mix through the mince. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Shape the mixture into 8 balls and flatten into patties – they will cook quicker this way. (Because they’re so thin, no egg is required as a binding agent.)
3. Shallow-fry until golden brown on both sides and then serve with bread rolls, tortillas or pitas as well as fresh salad, tzatziki and hummus.