- 5 - pieces of boerewors
- - rosemary sprigs
- 30ml - olive oil
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 2 - cloves garlic, chopped
- 3ml - fennel seeds, crushed
- 100ml - white wine
- 300g - cherry tomatoes
- 300g - penne, al dente
- - basil and Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Carefully remove the boerewors meat from the skins and cut it into bite-size pieces, then roll the meat into balls.
Tip: We threaded a sprig of rosemary through each ball to add flavour – it also looks great.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and fennel until fragrant. Add the meatballs and fry until they start to brown. Add the white wine and tomatoes and cover with a lid; steam until the meat is cooked through and the tomatoes have burst.
3. Stir the sauce through the cooked pasta and spoon the meatballs over; season with salt and pepper, fresh basil and loads of Parmesan.