Makes 12 spirals
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus resting time
Cooking time: about 20 minutes
- 600 g store-bought bread dough, cold
- 125ml sun-dried tomato pesto
- 200 g chopped mushrooms, fried
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- a handful of grated mozzarella
1. Roll out the cold dough into a large rectangle. Spread the pesto over the dough, sprinkle the mushrooms, basil and mozzarella evenly on top and roll up the dough into a tight roll. Using a sharp knife, cut the rolled-up dough into 12 portions.
2. Grease the cavities of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and place a dough spiral with the cut side up in each cavity. Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise in the pan until they double in volume. If you use ice-cold dough, it will take slightly longer to reach room temperature and to rise.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the spirals for 20 minutes or until done and the cheese has melted. Serve hot or at room temperature.