Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- about 80ml butter
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3ml ground cumin
- 1–2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15ml oil
- 8–12 fresh pork bangers with herbs
- 2 medium firm apples
- 8 rashers bacon
1. Heat a knob of butter in a small saucepan and fry the carrots and cumin together until fragrant. Add the sweet potato and just cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the veggies are cooked and soft. Pour off any excess cooking liquid and set aside. Stir the remaining butter into the veggies, season with salt and pepper, and use a potato masher to make a coarse mash. Add some of the reserved liquid if the mash is too stiff.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the sausages until browned all over. Cut the apples into quarters and remove the seeds. Peel if you prefer and wrap a rasher of bacon around each one. Fry carefully with the sausages until golden-brown. Add a dash of water to the pan to prevent it from catching, cover and steam for a few minutes until the apples are just soft and the sausages are cooked through. Serve with the mash and a fresh salad.