Makes 4 generous servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2–3 red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli (or to taste), chopped
- 4 soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- about 100ml olive oil
- 300g linguine
- 100g black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 340g tinned tuna, drained
- pecorino cheese
- fresh basil or parsley
1. Roast the peppers over a flame until charred all over and place them in a plastic bag for a few minutes to ‘sweat’. Rub off the skins, remove the seeds and blend in a food processor with the garlic, chilli, tomatoes and olive oil.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Heat a pan and gently fry the red pepper paste for a minute until aromatic. Scoop the cooked linguine out of the water and add it to the pepper paste; stir through. Add the olives, tuna and pecorino cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh herbs.