- 125ml - Greek yoghurt
- 125ml - creamy mayonnaise
- 30ml - lemon juice
- 60ml - chopped coriander
- 250ml - brown rice, cooked
- 1 - red onion, finely chopped
- 1 - tin red kidney beans, drained
- 250g - cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 - carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 - mealies, grilled and kernels cut off
- 2 - ripe avocados, halved
- 200g - smoked salmon offcuts
1 Beat the yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and coriander and season generously with salt and pepper. Dilute with a spoonful of boiling water if it is too thick to drizzle.
2 Mix the rice, onion and kidney beans with the tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper and spoon onto a platter; sprinkle the mealie kernels on top. Divide the salmon between the halved avocados and place them on the platter. Alternatively, you can slice the avos and arrange them with the salmon on top of the salad. Drizzle some of the dressing over and serve the rest in a bowl. The salad is delicious as is or as a filling for tortillas.