- 250ml - brown rice, cooked
- 250g - cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30ml - lemon juice
- 200g - smoked salmon offcuts
- 2 - carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 - ripe avocados, halved
- 125ml - Greek yoghurt
- 1 - tin red kidney beans, drained
- 2 - mealies, grilled and kernels cut off
- 60ml - chopped coriander
- 125ml - creamy mayonnaise
- 1 - red onion, finely chopped
1 Beat the yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and coriander and season generously with salt and pepper. Dilute with a spoonful of boiling water if it is too thick to drizzle.
2 Mix the rice, onion and kidney beans with the tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper and spoon onto a platter; sprinkle the mealie kernels on top. Divide the salmon between the halved avocados and place them on the platter. Alternatively, you can slice the avos and arrange them with the salmon on top of the salad. Drizzle some of the dressing over and serve the rest in a bowl. The salad is delicious as is or as a filling for tortillas.