- 750 g - store-bought bread dough
- 300 g - mozzarella, grated
- 200 g - smoked ham, roughly chopped
- 350 g - frozen spinach and feta*, cooked
- - oven-roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, to serve
1 Preheat the oven to 220°C. Divide the dough into four and roll each piece very thinly on a lightly floured surface. The shape of the dough doesn’t matter (circles or rectangles work well), but keep the size of your baking tray in mind.
2 Divide the cooked spinach and feta mix, mozzarella and ham between the four pieces and arrange the filling on one half of each piece of dough. Fold the other half over the filling and pinch the edges closed. Sprinkle a thick coating of flour on a large baking tray and place the calzones on top (use two baking trays if one is too small). Make three incisions in each calzone with a very sharp knife or pizza cutter and bake for 13–20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with the tomatoes and basil.
* Look out for packets of frozen spinach and feta in the freezers of your local supermarket.