Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- - Crust
- 125 ml (½ cup) - butter, melted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) - boiling water
- 250 ml (1 cup) - flour
- - Filling
- 2 x 170 g - tins tuna, shredded
- 1 - SPAR Freshline onion, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) - grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 - SPAR eggs, beaten
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) - SPAR Freshline parsley, chopped
- 25 ml (5 tsp) - Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) - curry powder
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) - paprika
- - Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 ml (2 cups) - white sauce (see below)
- - White sauce
- 500 ml (2 cups) - SPAR full-cream milk
- 15 ml (1 heaped Tbsp) - flour OR mushroom soup powder OR white onion soup powder
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) - butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) - grated Cheddar cheese
1 Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Grease a standard-sized pie dish.
2 Make the crust: Mix the butter and boiling water and add to the flour while stirring. Mix well and place the crust in the pie dish. Press onto the base and up the sides of the pie dish.
3 Prepare the white sauce:
- Using a large glass bowl, pour in the milk and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and whisk. Return the mixture to the microwave and microwave for another 3 minutes on high.
- Whisk and add the butter and cheese until the sauce is smooth. Season to taste.
4 Combine all the ingredients for the filling and spread it on top of the crust. Bake for 10 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 180 °C and bake for another 30 minutes until golden brown.