- 6 - slices ham
- - wholegrain mustard to taste
- - about 600g pre-made bread dough
- 6 - soft-boiled eggs
- - oil for deep-frying
1. Shell the eggs. Spread a dollop of mustard on each slice of ham and loosely wrap each egg in the ham. Divide the dough into six balls.
2. Flatten a dough ball in the palm of your hand and shape it around the egg and ham so that it forms a vetkoek. Repeat with the rest.
3. Heat the oil. Bake the vetkoek in batches until golden brown and cooked through. The total cooking time will depend on how many you make at once and how hot the oil is.