Jenine Bruce of Lacuna always impresses us with her fabulous interior design skills.
Jenine's interior design tips
• It’s your home, so express your personality in your interiors. Embrace a little fun and colour! It’s easy to paint a bold wall and just as easy to get rid of it!
• If something no longer brings you joy, change it or mix it up. In fact, don’t have anything in your home that doesn’t bring you joy.
• Add greenery in textured baskets to bring life and tranquillity to a space.
• Textured, bold or classic, wallpaper adds a whole lot of fun. Really go for it; ‘drape’ a room in wallpaper and see how the corners ‘fade away’.
• Add character to a bathroom with an organic-style mirror and a shelf below for a diffuser, hand soap and a ‘green’ element. You don’t have to break the bank to add heart to a small space!
• On weekends, go trawling for once-off furniture pieces that you can refurbish and make your own – this is a great way to bring personality into your interiors.
• Collect art and objects and layer your surfaces; displays can be changed up as the mood takes you.
• If you get the opportunity to open up your living spaces and create a more communal area, just go for it. You won’t regret it! A South African lifestyle is best suited to an easy flow from the kitchen to the lounge to the dining room and outdoors.
Click here for the full feature.