Stay warm by keeping yourself busy with a painting project and then enter it in this year’s Tjhoko Champs competition.
Our annual competition in partnership with Tjhoko Paint gives you the opportunity to work wonders with paint, a brush, roller and stencil. Let your imagination run wild and give an old item a new lease on life with a lick of paint! There’s no reason to buy new things when you can use Tjhoko Paint to create showstoppers for every corner of your home. Not to mention the amazing prizes you stand to win...
Now on Instagram
There are a few new features in this year’s competition. Most importantly: all entries must be posted on Instagram. This means you must have an Instagram account; if you don’t yet have one, download the app from the Apple App Store or on Google Play, create your profile and get going. Feel free to send an email to email@example.com if you need assistance with your entry.
We also have 10 new categories this year. The judges (an expert panel consisting of Home editorial team members and the Tjhoko Paint team) will review all the entries and then select finalists in each category. The list below is a guideline of what we’re looking for:
1. The best under-18 entry
2. Most impressive focal wall
3. Cutest entry
4. Best community initiative
5. Most inspiring
6. Most unusual entry
7. Most touching story
8. Best upcycling project
9. Colour inspiration
10. Best room makeover
How to enter
The competition opens on Monday 21 June and closes on Friday 15 October, and anyone can enter. If you’d like to show off your kids’ creativity with their own painting projects, upload pictures to your profile and tell us more about the budding artist.
Follow these steps:
1. Decide what you’d like to enter; it can be an existing project or a new one. And there’s no limit to how many entries you may submit!
2. Take a picture with your phone in natural light (in other words, not at night with overhead lighting – we want to be able to see the project properly).
3. Upload the photo to Instagram and include these hashtags: #tuishomemag and #tjhokochamps2021. Give a brief description of your project, including the Tjhoko Paint products and colours you used.
4. Make sure your Instagram profile is not set to “private”, as we won’t be able to see your entry!
The winner in each category will receive a Tjhoko Paint hamper to the value of R1 000, a R1 000 voucher from Takealot and a R600 gift voucher from PNA. The overall winner will receive R10 000 cash and a one-on-one masterclass with Nadine Vosloo, South Africa’s Tjhoko Paint guru. The overall winner’s entry will be photographed for publication in a future issue of Home or one of Home’s special issues.