1L SIMON SAYS
50ml TRUE BLUE
250ml CLEAR GLAZE as a protective layer
MEX 5 furniture vinyl5 x (20 x 20cm)
The wall was painted with Tjhoko Inspired Wall Colours in Simon Says. The washable PVA is ideal for walls. Revamp your furniture with Tjhoko Paint and your walls with Tjhoko Inspired Wall Colours!
1. Clean the wood thoroughly with lacquer thinners – you can even do this more than once – to remove all the oil and residue. Wait about 40 minutes until all the thinners has evaporated before painting.
2. Apply Tjhoko Paint chalk paint with a 50mm Tjhoko Paint Hamilton’s Ensign brush; paint even strokes with the brush and then roll lightly over that with a 110mm sponge roller while the paint is still wet. This creates a smooth finish. Wait at least 4 hours (in damp, humid conditions even overnight or longer) before applying the glaze.
3. Although Tjhoko Paint contains a built-in sealant, bathroom, kitchen and outdoor projects should preferably be sealed with Clear Glaze to make the surface UV- and water-resistant. You can adjust the amount of gloss in the glaze – for this project, mix the Clear Glaze with an equal amount of cooled boiled water (1:1) and apply with a damp microfibre cloth.
4. Paint undiluted Clear Glaze over those parts where the furniture vinyl will be applied and wait 48 hours before applying the vinyl. (The stickers can be cut to fit.)
• Visit youtube.com/tjhokopaint for step-by-step videos and loads of inspiration.
• To view the entire Tjhoko Paint range and to locate your nearest stockist, go to tjhokopaint.co.za.