Shot by Christiaan Kritzinger
What you need:
- Large wooden crate
- Measuring tape
- Carpenter’s square
- 2 x mixing containers
- Woodoc Water-Borne MARINE Clear Matt
- Woodoc Colours Full Moon and Brights: Green
- 2 x mixing sticks
- Paint brushes
- Large cushion
1. On one of the long sides of the crates, measure and mark 16cm from both edges. From these measurements, use your carpenter’s square to draw a line down the top two planks.
2. Use one of the mixing containers to draw round corners at the top and bottom of the lines.
3. Using a jigsaw, cut along the measurements you’ve made. Sand the edges smooth. Now you have an opening for your dog bed.
4. Decant the Woodoc Water-Borne MARINE Clear Matt into both mixing containers. Add the Woodoc Colours Full Moon to one container and the Brights: Green to the other. Mix well.
5. Apply three coats. Allow it to dry between coats and give it a light sanding after the first and second coats. Do not sand again after the last coat. We used Green on the middle plank and Full Moon on the rest of the dog bed.
6. Add a cushion and your dog bed is ready!