Photographs Ed O’Riley
Tidy up your desk with Woodoc and give your home office a fresh look.
YOU WILL NEED
- plywood (1 200 x 600 x 12mm)
- pine batten (1 200 x 38 x 38 mm)
- measuring tape
- steel ruler or straight edge
- Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Matt Clear
- Woodoc Colours in Summer Storm
- mixing container and spatula
- wood glue
1. Measure and mark two 200 x 600mm pieces on the plywood.
2. Secure the timber to your work surface with the G-clamps and use the jigsaw to cut the two pieces. Tip Use a small jigsaw blade when cutting plywood to prevent the edges from splitting.
3. Measure, mark and cut six 200mm pieces on the pine batten.
4. Decant about 100ml of Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Matt Clear into the mixing container. Add the Woodoc Colours and stir well.
5. Apply three coats of the mixture to one side of the plywood and to one side of four of the battens. On the last two battens, apply to two opposite sides. Let the sealer dry completely between coats and give it a light sanding between coats. Do not sand again after the final coat.
6. Measure and mark 330mm from one short side on the plywood – this is where the middle support will go. Check that your keyboard will fit in this space and adjust the measurement if necessary.
7. Glue the battens in place: two at either end and two in the middle. Secure them with G-clamps. Make sure the sealed sides all face inwards. Let the glue cure.
8. Remove the G-clamps and use a sander to sand the outside of your stand until smooth.
9. Apply three coats of Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Matt Clear to the outside of your stand. Let the sealer dry completely between coats and give it a light sanding between coats. Do not sand after the final coat.