Video: Marcus Eddie
Make a fun jewellery stand with Woodoc.
You will need
- downloadable template
- laminated pine shelf
- carbon paper
- Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Clear Matt
- Woodoc Colours Sweet Grass
- mixing container and mixing stick
- drill with 3 mm wood drill bit
- small cup hooks
- wood glue
1. Download the cactus template and print it. Position it on the pine shelf and trace it onto the wood with the carbon paper.
2. Secure the wood to your work surface with the G-clamps and carefully cut out the shapes you traced in step 1.
3. Sand the edges smooth.
4. Decant about 75ml of the Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Clear Matt into the mixing container and add some of the Woodoc Colours Sweet Grass. Mix well.
5. Paint the cactus with three coats of the colour you mixed in step 4; let each coat dry before applying the next one and sand lightly after the first and second coats have dried. Do not sand again after the final coat..
6. Drill random holes in the cactus for the cup hooks and screw the hooks in place.
7. Apply wood glue to the gap where the ‘foot’ fits and attach it to the cactus.