- 250g - butter
- 65g (125ml) - icing sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 200g (500ml) - almond flour
- 10ml - ice water
- 5ml - each lemon juice and zest
- 2 - sprigs lemon thyme
- 280g (500ml) - cake flour
- 10ml - baking powder
1. Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and light in colour. Stir in the almond flour, water, lemon juice and zest, and thyme.
2. Sift the cake flour and baking powder together and mix with the dough until smooth. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
3. Roll the dough into bite-sized balls and arrange on greased baking trays. You can also use baking paper to prevent the biscuits from sticking. Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
4 Bake the biscuits for 15–20 minutes or until cooked through (they should preferably not turn brown). Carefully roll in the extra icing sugar while still hot and allow to cool. Store in airtight containers.