- - tagliatelle
- 15 ml - olive oil
- 1 - fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 - bunch spring onions, chopped
- 400 g - smoked salmon or trout offcuts
- - fennel leaves, to garnish
- - SAUCE
- 1 - lemon, halved
- 1 - large ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- - about 80ml double-cream yoghurt
1. Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the fennel and spring onions until soft and fragrant. Mix in the salmon and set aside.
2. Heat a griddle pan and fry the lemon, cut side down first, until hot and toasted; this improves the flavour and makes it easier to squeeze out the juice. Remove the flesh from the avocado, mix it with the yoghurt and season to taste with the hot lemon juice, salt and pepper (use a stick blender to get a smooth texture).
3. As soon as the pasta is done, stir in the salmon mixture and avocado sauce. Garnish with dainty fennel fronds and serve immediately while still hot.