- 15 ml - mild curry powder
- - about 500ml stock
- 125 g - bacon, chopped
- 1 - red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 - carrots, grated
- 50 ml - olive oil
- 250 ml - uncooked jasmine rice
- 125 ml - frozen peas
- - handful of chopped parsley
- 1 - red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ml - each mustard and fennel seeds
1 Heat the oil and fry the bacon until golden brown and cooked through. Stir in the onion, sweet pepper and carrots and cook until glossy. Add the spices and rice and stir until all the grains are coated with oil. Stir in the peas and pour in the stock, cover and simmer until the rice is cooked (about 20 minutes). Top up the liquid if necessary.
2 Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Tip: For a deluxe variation, add cooked prawns or chicken bites.