- 1 - fresh fish, about 1kg
- 45ml - oil
- 30ml - soya sauce
- 1 - thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 - large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 - red chilli, pitted and finely chopped
- 30ml - sugar
- 10ml - salt
- - SALSA:
- 4 - ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 - red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 - mangos, peeled and cut into chunks
- 15ml - oil
- 30ml - brown sugar
- - juice of 1 lime
- 30ml - fish sauce
- - fresh basil, torn
Clean the fish and lightly press until dry. Cut a diamond pattern into the skin and place the fish on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Mix the oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli, sugar and salt. Rub this into the flesh of the fish and set aside for about half an hour. Preheat the oven.
Mix the tomatoes, chilli, mango chunks and oil. Spread it on the baking tray.
Place the fish and tomato mixture in the oven and grill together for about 20 minutes; spoon out the tomato mixture and grill the fish for another 10 minutes or until cooked.
Place the tomato mixture in a mixing bowl and add the rest of the salsa ingredients. Stir through.
Remove the fish from the oven as soon as it’s cooked and serve with the salsa.