Makes 24 cookies
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10–15 minutes
Oven temperature: 200°C
- 1 bag (200g) cheese-and-onion crisps
- 250ml cake flour
- 125ml butter, softened
- 500ml cheddar, finely grated
- Marmite (or Bovril)
1. Preheat the oven and line a baking tray with baking paper. Crush the crisps.
2. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the crushed crisps and cheese and mix with your hands to form the dough.
3. Portion the dough into walnut-sized balls and flatten each one slightly on the prepared tray. Remember not to crowd the pan as the cookies might spread while they bake.
4. Press a hollow into each cookie with the back of a wooden spoon and fill with a scoop of Marmite. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until cooked and golden. Cool the cookies on a wire rack and keep in an airtight container.