Serves 6–8 (as a side dish)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Oven temperature: 180°C
- 1kg baby potatoes, cooked and halved
- 30ml olive oil
- 30ml butter, plus extra for greasing the dish
- 100g mascarpone
- 200ml full cream milk
- 2 eggs
- 10ml sage, chopped
- 15ml flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- nutmeg to taste
1. Preheat the oven. Fry the potatoes in the oil and butter until golden brown. Spoon into a greased oven dish.
2. Whisk the remaining ingredients together, season with salt and pepper and pour over the potatoes, making sure a few stick out. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown. Serve with grilled chicken.
Tip: Keen to turn this into a main meal? Add slices of smoked ham. For a vegetarian main meal, add large pan-fried brown mushrooms.