Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1½ hours
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 15ml smoked paprika
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 60ml parsley, chopped
- 100g black olives, pitted
- 1 large sweet potato, thoroughly washed
- 30ml butter
1. Fry the sausage until crispy. Remove from the pan and fry the chicken in the same pan until aromatic. Remove the chicken and then fry the onion, celery, garlic and peppers until soft. Add the paprika and fry for another few minutes. Dish the chicken and sausage back into the pan and let it simmer with the tomatoes, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
2. Stir the parsley and olives into the mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Dish the mixture into an oven dish. Cut the sweet potatoes into slices and pack on top of the mixture. Then dot with butter, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked and crispy.